How to cancel an Expedia hotel reservation in 2 ways
- You can cancel an Expedia hotel reservation free of charge in seconds on the Expedia site, as long as you are still within the special grace period for a reservation.
- You can also cancel hotel reservations using the Expedia app or by calling Expedia at 1-800-397-3342. Just make sure you have your reservation number handy, as you will need to enter it into an automated system.
- On rare occasions, hotels listed on Expedia have non-refundable reservations, so be sure to check a hotel’s policy before committing.
- Visit the Business Insider homepage for more stories.
So aren’t you going to Hawaii next month after all? Well that’s a bummer, but if you’ve booked your hotel through Expedia, you can at least cancel the reservation quickly, and in most cases, at no cost.
That is, as long as you are in the cancellation window allocated to the property, which in most cases is only a few days before the start date of the stay.
If you are, here’s how to cancel an Expedia reservation.
Discover the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (from $ 699.99 at Apple)
Lenovo IdeaPad 130 (from $ 469.99 at Walmart)
13-inch Apple Macbook Pro Display with Touch Bar (from $ 1,299.00 at Apple)
How to cancel an Expedia hotel reservation using a computer
1. To cancel your hotel on the Expedia site, go to Expedia.com and log into your account on your Mac or PC.
2. Then click on âMy Tripsâ at the top of the screen, then select âUpcomingâ on the next page.
3. Click on the hotel reservation you wish to cancel, then click on the “Cancel reservation” button and confirm your action.
How to cancel an Expedia hotel reservation using a mobile device
1. To cancel a hotel reservation through the Expedia app, open the app on your iPhone or Android and tap “Trips” at the bottom center.
2. Tap the hotel reservation you want to cancel, tap “Cancel” and confirm it.