National Police Week 2022 5k – Official Arlington County Virginia Government Site
Posted May 11, 2022
ARLINGTONGo. – National Police Week 2022 5k will take place on Saturday, May 14, 2022. The Arlington County Police Department will be conducting the following road closures to accommodate the event:
From 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. approximately
- 19and Street N., between N. Lynn Street and Arlington Ridge Road (access to the hotel will be permitted from N. Lynn Street).
- N. Kent Street, between Wilson Boulevard and 19and N Street.
From 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. approximately
- Wilson Boulevard, between N. Lynn Street and Route 110
- Route 110 south, between I-66 and Marshal Drive
- North Route 110, between Richmond Highway and I-66
- Arlington Ridge Road, between 19and N. St. and Wilson Blvd.
The public should expect to see an increased police presence in the area, and motorists are urged to follow the direction of law enforcement, watch for closures and remain alert to increased foot traffic .
Race participants and spectators are encouraged to use public transport or other forms of multi-modal transport, as street parking around the event will be limited. The designated pickup and drop-off location for rideshare services will be on the east side of N. Lynn Street between Wilson Boulevard and the mid-block crosswalk.
Motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No Parking” signs. Illegally parked vehicles may be fined or towed. If your vehicle is being towed from a public road, call the emergency communications center at 703-558-2222.